Canada 55+ Games Saint John 2018
The 2018 Canada Senior Games being held in Saint John, New Brunswick are less than two months away and counting!
Congratulations Nova Scotia, 285 Participants and 28 Non-Participants have registered for a total of 313 planning on attending the Games August 21 – 24, 2018.
All participants and non-participants will be required to check-in upon arrival in Saint John and individually register prior to the competition. Please remember to bring your ‘Health Form’ and Provincial Health Card.
Registration will take place at the Trade and Convention Centre, 1 Market Square, Saint John and will run from 6-10 pm on Sunday, Monday 8am to 10 pm and Tuesday from 6:30 am to 1 pm. Anyone arriving after that time should plan on contacting the HC to make alternate arrangements, however, it will still take place in the Trade and Convention Centre.
We will be holding a Nova Scotian team meeting on the evening of Monday, August 20th at Canada’s Best Value Inn, 10 Portland Street, Saint John in the Loyalist Room at 6:00 pm. Although not mandatory it will provide an opportunity to meet friends and make new acquaintances participating in the Games from our province. Your new shirt will be available for pick up for those who ordered and paid for one.
Welcome Letter / Newsletter
A welcome letter / newsletter will soon be forwarded to you from the 2018 Games Host Committee with more pertinent and detailed information and will also be posted on their website.
Schedules, as I am very sure participants are anxiously awaiting these, they will be posted on the website as early as possible prior to the games. Canada55+Games / canada55plussj.ca
Opening Ceremonies are scheduled for the morning of 21 August at 9 AM at Harbour Station. A lunch follows the ceremony. Participants are asked to be at this location no later than 8 AM in preparation for the Parade. Transportation from team hotels will commence TBA.
Entertainment and Lunch will be provided following the ceremony as well as transportation back to the hotels in preparation for the events to begin.
Closing Ceremonies are scheduled for Friday August 24th at 6 PM at Harbour Station which includes a full dinner and some entertainment. Transportation shuttles leave hotels at TBA. More details to follow.
“The Kitchen” – Loyalist Room, Saint John Trade and Convention Centre – Tuesday, August 21 – Friday, August 22, 2018
- Saint John will host a Canada 55+ Games headquarters and welcome centre called “The Kitchen” in the Saint John Trade & Convention Centre (the heart of uptown Saint John) where delegates, athletes, friends, families and volunteers can gather from 8:00am – 8:00pm each day during the week of the Games to socialize, see Games results, sample food, seek local information, sign up for local tours, have a rest, grab a snack or simply meet a friend for a chat.
- McCain Foods of New Brunswick is the sponsored host of The Kitchen and will be providing us with snacks and a history of our local famous international food company.
TWIST & SHOUT – Marco Polo, Saint John Trade & Convention Centre – Tuesday, August 21, 2018
7:00pm – 10:00pm
- A high energy fun evening of entertainment and dance featuring tributes to the great Jive Bands of the NB Baby Boom Era
- 50’s & 60’s rock and roll live band
- Best Costume Prize / Dancing / Jive Competition / Spot Dances
- Fun “Dick Clarke” host
Event Cost: $10.00 per person / Cash Bar
PORT CITY PUB CRAWL – UPTOWN SAINT JOHN – Wednesday, August 22, 2018
6:00 PM - 10:00 PM
- A fun evening uptown visiting four (4) pubs and breweries to sample the fine brews being produced in Saint John, New Brunswick.
- Uncorked Tours guides will be placed at each venue to act as hosts when guests arrive.
- The tour includes 10 five-ounce glasses of beer.
- Each participant will receive a Pub Crawl bracelet with their sample tickets as well as a recommended starting location.
- Over the course of the night you will move to each brewery at your own pace.
Event Cost: $49+HST per person
MARITIME KITCHEN PARTY – MARCO POLO, TRADE & CONVENTION – Thursday, August 23, 2018
7:00PM – 10:00PM
- A high energy fun evening of entertainment and dance featuring lively music by local Celtic, Acadian and Irish musicians.
- Fiddlers & Step Dancers
Event Cost: $10.00 per person / Cash Bar
Until the Games, enjoy the summer, be well, be safe and I look forward to seeing you in Saint John.
Past President & Team Co-ordinator
Nova Scotia 55+ Games Society
FUN, FITNESS & FRIENDSHIP